Why did my doctor refer me to an imaging center? Imaging is one of the primary tools physicians use to make a diagnosis and then be able to recommend treatment. It is painless and non-invasive, and it allows doctors to see a clear picture of what’s going on in your body.
Referrals for Many Conditions and Diseases
Your doctor referred you to Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center because they need more diagnostic information about a possible condition or to track progression.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is one of the best tools to discover your condition or the progression of a condition. Anything from tumors, sports injuries, pelvic problems, digestive tract disorders, problems with your spine and disc issues, heart damage, brain abnormalities and more, can be gleaned from an MRI.
Your doctor can learn how far a condition has progressed or the severity of an injury. Many doctors prefer an MRI because it uses minimal radiation and instead uses a magnet that works with computer technology.
Value of Medical Imaging and a Radiologist
A radiologist is board-certified and fellowship-trained to read your imaging test. They are the doctor who interprets the images in your test. Your family doctor or ER specialist relies on the radiologist’s test results and precise analysis to determine your diagnosis and course of treatment.
Benefits of medical imaging include the following:
- Medical imaging helps to improve patient outcomes.
- Diseases caught in late stages may require more intensive treatment, higher costs, and complications, whereas a conservative plan provided early can reduce healthcare costs.
- You no longer have to have invasive exploratory surgery to discover health issues.
- There are minimal risks.
- Medical imaging saves lives every day.
- The technology continues to improve with clearer and sharper images.
- One study showed that medical imaging is directly related to Americans’ life expectancy. We are living longer.
Trust that whatever specific reason your physician referred you to our imaging center in Dallas will ultimately provide the appropriate treatment to improve your life.
Contact Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center at (214) 345-6905 if you have more questions or concerns about an upcoming imaging test or if you would like to schedule a scan at our center in Dallas, TX.