X-Ray Imaging in Dallas
X-ray is the oldest and most frequently used form of medical imaging. At SWDIC, we perform digital X-ray imaging, which is the “gold standard” of today’s medical imaging practices.
Radiography is the use of x-ray radiation to produce 2-dimensional images of internal body structures to help physicians diagnose and treat various medical conditions.
X-ray imaging is painless and has been in use since 1895. Medical uses of x-ray are many, ranging from imaging the skeletal system of bones, to imaging soft tissues such as lungs with chest x-rays, or intestinal or urinary system structures with contrast materials.
Benefits of Digital X-ray
- Digital X-ray is faster than analog X-ray.
- Repeat exposures are reduced.
- Image quality is enhanced.
- The radiologist has the ability to highlight or magnify areas of interest.
- Digital X-ray assists your physician in electronically viewing images and reports, thus expediting your care.
Common Uses of X-ray
- X-ray assists doctors in the identification and treatment of a broad range of conditions, including fractures, arthritis, joint injuries, etc.
- Fluoroscopy, or real-time X-ray, allows the radiologist to view the body as it functions, making it possible to detect subtle abnormalities such as reflux or a hiatal hernia.
What To Expect During an X-ray
Due to the high number of vastly different procedures performed at SWDIC, experiences will vary.
- Each exam will be explained in full prior to the exam, and you will be given the opportunity to ask questions.
- Every effort will be made to make you as comfortable as possible.
What You Will Experience During an X-ray?
If your exam requires you to lie on an X-ray table, it may feel cold, and you may experience some discomfort due to the hard surface. Depending on your exam, the technologist may be able to place a pad on the table for your comfort.
When X-raying an injury, the technologist may require you to hold an uncomfortable position for a few seconds. Any movement could result in the need for additional imaging.
SWDIC technologists are experienced in high-quality patient care. Communication with your technologist is vital in ensuring your comfort, as well as the attainment of quality diagnostic images.
Schedule Your X-ray at Southwest Diagnostic Imaging in Dallas
Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center is one of the largest freestanding radiology centers in Dallas. We provide clients with a range of radiology services.
X-ray Scan Hours
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
X-ray walk-ins welcome with a valid doctor’s order.