Did you know that June is Men’s Health Awareness Month? Unfortunately many men suffer from common diseases such as heart disease, prostate cancer and many more ailments. However, Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center of Dallas is here to help. Many of our services, specifically MRI’s, are used to detect these issues and stop them before they become an issue.
Men’s Health Awareness Infographic
Luckily, many of these issues are easy to cure if detected or acted upon early. However, not everything can be prevented so these issues can happen suddenly and without warning. That’s where Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center comes in.
MRI and Diagnostic Services in Dallas, Texas
An MRI is a non invasive medical test that allows radiologists to diagnose coronary artery disease and other heart problems. Some of the common uses of a heart MRI include:
- Evaluate symptoms of coronary artery disease, such as blood flow to the heart
- Evaluate scarring caused from a heart attack
- Diagnosing inflammatory conditions of the heart
- Diagnosing cardiovascular tumors
- Diagnosing cardiovascular infections
- Evaluating the anatomy of the heart chambers, valves and blood flow through vessels.
- Planning treatment for heart disease
An MRI can also be used to detect prostate cancer. A prostate MRI uses radiofrequency to create detailed images of the prostate gland and surrounding tissues.
If you have any questions about these procedures, feel free to browse our services or call us at (214) 345-6905 to ask about an appointment.