Focused Ultrasound in Dallas County, Texas
Ultrasound imaging (also called Sonography) is a method of obtaining diagnostic images from inside the human body through the use of high-frequency sound waves. Ultrasound is used as a diagnostic tool that can assist doctors in making recommendations for further treatment.
What are some common uses of Ultrasound?
- Viewing an unborn fetus.
- Examining many of the body's internal organs, including the liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, and ovaries.
- Enabling physicians to see blood flow.
- Guiding procedures such as needle biopsies.
- Imaging the breast and guiding biopsies of breast abnormalities.
- Evaluating superficial structures, such as the thyroid gland and scrotum (testicles).
- Lower extremity vascular ultrasound to evaluate for deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
Monday - Friday / 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Is an Ultrasound safe?
Yes. Ultrasounds are safe. We're also an ACR Accredited Ultrasound and Breast Ultrasound facility, which means that we use the best decided standards by the experts in the field.
Learn about Ultrasound ACR Accreditation
|Ultrasound Accreditation||Breast Ultrasound Accreditation|
What should I expect during an Ultrasound exam?
After being positioned on the table, a clear gel will be applied to the area under examination. This will help the transducer make contact with the skin. The technologist will firmly press the transducer against the skin and move it back and forth to image the area.
After the examination is complete and the gel has been wiped off, you may be asked to wait while the ultrasound images are reviewed by the radiologist.
What will I experience during an Ultrasound exam?
Most ultrasound exams are painless. A gel will be applied to your skin, and there may be varying degrees of discomfort and pressure as the technologist guides the transducer over your body, especially if you are required to undergo the exam with a full bladder.
Ultrasounds in Dallas, Texas
If you need to learn more about Ultrasounds at Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center, request a consult here or call 214-345-6905 to talk to one of our assistants today!