Cardiac MRI in Dallas, TX
An MRI is a non-invasive medical test that allows radiologists to diagnose coronary artery disease and other heart problems. Some of the common uses of a heart MRI include:
- Evaluating symptoms of coronary artery disease, such as blood flow to the heart
- Evaluating scarring caused from a heart attack
- Diagnosing inflammatory conditions of the heart
- Diagnosing cardiovascular tumors
- Diagnosing cardiovascular infections
- Evaluating the anatomy of the heart chambers, valves and blood flow through vessels.
- Planning treatment for heart disease
Detection is a huge part of prevention and that is why at Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center, our expert team of technicians is dedicated to providing patients with comprehensive MRI Exams. By utilizing the latest in MRI technology our technicians are able to provide patients with accurate and timely results so that their physician can provide them with a proper diagnosis. If you are in need of an MRI Exam in the Dallas or Fort Worth, TX area, contact our office at (214) 345-6905 and schedule an appointment today!
How to prepare for an MRI
Most MRI exams require patients to prepare in the following ways:
- Review of medical history to notify the radiologist if a patient has serious health problems. During this time, women will need to let the radiologist know if there is a possibility they are pregnant.
- If you are claustrophobic, a mild sedative may be necessary prior to the exam
- All jewelry and metal objects need to be removed before entering the exam room
How to get results from my MRI
The team of board-certified radiologists at SWDIC in Dallas, TX will analyze the images and send a report to your primary care physician. Your primary care physician will then review the results with you. Depending on the results, a follow-up appointment may be necessary.
Schedule Your MRI at Southwest Diagnostic Imaging
Open 7 days a week, Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center is a full-range, experienced, state-of-the-art imaging center in Dallas. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed patient care, the most advanced diagnostic imaging technology, and the highest standards of quality. If you are in need of a MRI, please contact our office at (214) 345-6905 to schedule an appointment today!