You may be shocked to find out about all the sources of radiation that are around us each and every day. What’s more shocking is the amount of radiation that we may be absorbing.
News & Events
We wanted to share with you our Employee of the Quarter, she actually was awarded last quarter and we will have 2 new ones announced very soon for Quarter 2 as well! This is one of our favorite things to share with our media outlets and showcase our wonderful staff!
Kari O – Patient Care Coordinator, Confirmations: Kari is the reliant and constant performer on the afternoon shift in the confirmations department. I can always rely on her leadership and mentoring of new hires. She is stellar in the way she trains and helping with the QA process of our history sheets. She came to us with a wealth of radiology knowledge in 2017, but offers so much more beyond that with her compassion and patience with fellow workers and our patients. Kari is a true asset to the confirmations department and SWDIC!!
Here are some fun facts about Kari also:
How many years have you worked at SWDIC? 2
What’s the most rewarding part of your job? Talking with patients prior to their scans
Cowboys, Rangers, or Mavericks? Mavericks.
What’s #1 on your bucket list? Hiking in Alaska
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Iceland
What’s your favorite food? Chips and queso
What would you do if someone gave you $100 today? Buy new kitchen gadgets
What’s your favorite color? Green
What are your hobbies? Reading, Playing with my dog, doing puzzles
What is your favorite season of the year? Fall
Who is your favorite singer/band? Tim McGraw
Meet our Employee of the Quarter for Business Services: Marina G.
Marina G. – Scheduling
Marina has just met her year with SWDIC and has already proven herself to be a valuable employee. Her productivity is the highest in the Scheduling department and is incredibly accurate. She works to ensure her callers are satisfied with their appointment and has a willingness to assist co-workers. Marina’s attention to detail is exceptional, her customer service remarkable, has excellent punctuality and arrives with a smiling face that is definitely appreciated in the Scheduling department.
Here are some fun facts about her:
- How many years have you worked at SWDIC? 1
- Cowboys, Rangers, or Mavericks? Rangers
- What’s #1 on your bucket list? Swim with sharks
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Africa
- What’s your lucky number? 3
- What’s your favorite food? Pizza
- What’s your favorite color? Purple
- What are your hobbies? Hiking & Traveling
- What is your favorite season of the year? Spring
- How many are in your family? 5
- Who is your favorite singer/band? Taylor Swift
- Where did you go to high school/college? Royse City/Tarleton
There are a huge number of conditions that would be much more difficult, if not impossible to diagnose without the use of X-rays and other imaging technologies.
From a simple toothache to a condition as complex as breast cancer, physicians and patients both would be playing a guessing game without the invention of X-rays. Read the rest of this entry »
If you begin to sweat and find your heart pounding when you enter an elevator full of people, you may have claustrophobia. Those who are even mildly claustrophobic find it uncomfortable to fly or even go through a tunnel when traveling.
Friends and relatives of a pregnant mom are treated to pictures and videos of the growing fetus these days through social media platforms like Facebook, so it’s no surprise that ultrasounds are done earlier and earlier. An ultrasound can tell you many secrets like the gender of the baby unlike decades ago when it would be a surprise.
In addition to the baby’s gender, an ultrasound can inform both the parents-to-be and the physician about the health of the fetus.
A CT scan and MRI are both non invasive and low risk tools used by doctors to diagnose specific conditions. They both produce images of the inside of our body, but what are the differences between a CT scan and MRI, and when are they used?
A one time chest X-ray can help diagnose conditions like COPD, but even more importantly, it can be used to determine how a particular disease is progressing or if a prescribed treatment is working. In this case, a series of chest X-rays will be ordered so the doctor can quickly see any changes or improvements.
Meet our Employee of Quarter (Technical Services)
Andrea, better known as “Andi”, makes sure every department has the supplies and/or linens they need daily in a very timely manner. She is adamant about keeping supplies at par levels or below to avoid excessive inventory stocked on shelves. For those items needed that are not routinely ordered, Andi researches diligently to make sure we are getting the best value for our dollar. Fun loving and easy going, that’s Andi!
Here are some fun facts about Andi:
1) What department do you work in? Materials Management
2) How many years have you worked at SWDIC? 9.5 Years
3) What’s the most rewarding part of your job? Working with each and every department, we really have some great people here at SWDIC.
4) Cowboys, Rangers, or Mavericks? Rangers all the way!
5) What’s #1 on your bucket list? Travel to all the Major League Baseball Ballparks
6) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Spain & Alaska
7) What’s your lucky number? 2
8) What’s your favorite food? Mexican Food
9) What would you do if someone gave you $100 today? Put it towards renovating our new home!
10) What’s your favorite color? Green
11) What are your hobbies? Watching sports, crafting, and shopping
12) What is your favorite season of the year? Fall
13) How many are in your family? Husband-Josh & Chocolate Lab-George
14) Who is your favorite singer/band? Carrie Underwood
15) Where did you go to high school/college? Garland High School & El Centro
Meet and learn about our Employee of the Quarter, we are so very lucky to have her!
Jean J. – Admitting: Jean constantly maintains a very high quality of work ensuring that every patient is greeted and quickly taken care of. She volunteered to be the visit coordinator backup learning all the intricacies of that position as well. The recipient of patient praise, Jean demonstrates the true essence of exceptional customer service.
How many years have you worked at SWDIC? 4 years
What’s the most rewarding part of your job? The most rewarding part of my job is working with people to provide a caring environment under an encouraging supervisor.
What’s #1 on your bucket list? Travel the World
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Spain
What’s your lucky number? 9
What’s your favorite food? Thai
What would you do if someone gave you $100 today? Save it!
What’s your favorite color? Purple
What are your hobbies? Hanging out with family and friends, and reading
What is your favorite season of the year? Winter
How many are in your family? 2
Who is your favorite singer/band? Adam Levine, Maroon 5
Where did you go to high school/college? Plano Senior High School/ University of Texas at Dallas