Benefits of Low-Dose CT Scan in Dallas TX
A computerized tomography (CT) scan combines X-ray images taken from different angles and uses computer processing to create cross-sectional images of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside your body.
Because people who undergo CT scans are exposed to higher amounts of radiation than a traditional X-ray, physicians are trying harder to find solutions to reduce the amount of radiation patients are exposed to. Here are a few benefits of low-dose CT scans:
- Patients take in 60 percent less radiation than a regular CT scan
- Though the radiation amount is lower, the image quality isn’t compromised
- Low-dose CT scans are more powerful than regular CT scans, which gives physicians the ability to diagnose earlier
- Physicians are able to detect problems without invasive surgical procedures
Who Can Receive a Low-Dose CT Scan
Low-dose CT scans are useful for examining the body’s organs. Certain patients might benefit more from CT scans:
- Children whose tissues are more sensitive to radiation
- Patients who struggle with holding their breathe for extended periods of time
- Patients who require radiation on a frequent basis
- Patients who are at a high risk for lung cancer
CT Scans in Dallas, TX
The office of Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center provides radiology services to patients throughout North Dallas, near Harry Moss Park. Please call our office at (214) 345-6905 to schedule an appointment or to find out more about low-dose CT scans.