COVID-19 Updates (3/16/20)
An important update from Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center regarding your upcoming appointment
At Southwest Diagnostic Imaging Center, the safety and well-being of our patients, our staff, and our community is our number one priority. We would like to share up-to-date information and resources related to the Coronavirus outbreak and its relevance to your upcoming visit.
This is a disconcerting and challenging time for all of us, but as a healthcare provider, we must stay open to support our physicians and care for our patients. We are taking proper universal precautions by disinfecting our lobbies on a regular basis and disinfecting our procedure rooms between every patient. Of course, hand washing and the use of an approved alcohol-based hand scrub is widely in practice. Lastly, all patients and their guests are prescreened prior to admitting to allow us to take the necessary precautions.
- Valet – All campus valet service will be suspended until further notice.
- Wheelchair Transport – Professional office building wheelchair transport is suspended until further notice.
- Please contact our office, (214)345-6905, ahead of your appointment to determine if special precautions should be taken during your visit.
Steps for prevention:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care.
- Avoid large gatherings and crowded places. Avoid hospitals and nursing homes, unless you are there to receive medical care.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throw it away when finished, then thoroughly wash hands.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Pay attention for potential COVID-19 symptoms, including cough, fever, and shortness of breath. If you think you are developing symptoms, call your doctor.
Looking for more information?
- Dallas County Health and Human Services, dallascounty.org,(972) 692-2780
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, cdc.gov
- The World Health Organization, who.int